Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based communication / contact-center platform that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
In this role, you'd be responsible for building and growing a team that owns one of the most impactful areas of the product, including driving several innovative initiatives including Artificial Intelligence. We are looking for passionate and talented Software Development Managers to join us on this new service that addresses key customer needs around day to day communication. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business, where you will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
Industry analysts have said, “Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers.” and “Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other market-spaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community.”
What is in it for you?
- Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
- Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new business for AWS, and we are moving fast, really fast.
- Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
- Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale fault tolerant systems – this is an opportunity of a life time.
- Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
- Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, and specifically at Amazon Connect, we are changing the way customers think about contact centers.
- Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented team of people that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here:
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
- Experience in designing and building great customer facing product experiences
- Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant systems
- Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
- Familiarity with communications and metrics.
- Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
1) “Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
2) “Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.