- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math or related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years software development, infrastructure build and management, or systems architecture design and implementation experience.
- Experience with AWS technology and related technologies such as virtualization, networking, storage, and data management systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
Do you enjoy helping government, education, and non-profit customers design systems and solve technical problems? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and new application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform in the public sector?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Solutions Architect to help launch and grow our public sector business in Canada. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult IT cost and agility problems facing national, regional, and local governments, as well as educational institutions, not-for-profit organizations (NPOs), and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Your business development and sales team, part of the larger Worldwide Public Sector business development and sales team will accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector worldwide.
As a Public Sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, and Amazon CloudFront) within public sector organizations, as well as the larger public sector partner ecosystem, the growth and training of which will be one of your main objectives.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
owning the customer and partner technical engagement end-to-end, including diving deep and being hands-on with AWS technology; evangelizing and educating customers and partners; leading formal and informal AWS training classes; removing technical sales blockers through knowledge transfer and partnerships; defining implementation and transition architectures; helping to respond to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals; and achieving success with other specific technical projects as needed. To achieve those goals and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture and implementation you will develop expertise in all AWS services and technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within public sector organizations, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, mission, product, and technical challenges.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
... with experience in the following key areas:
- Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our Government & Education Partners.
- Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". It is critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
- Deep-dive technical discussions around design and the innate curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Technical AWS development/deployment experience, virtual networking, cloud computing.
- Operational AWS site/services operations, management, and security.
- Economic and business RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
- Government and education: Advisory/consulting experience with national and local governments, as well as educational institutions of all types.
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills: White board, small and large group presentations.
- Serve as a key leader in Canada helping to ensure agency and institution success in fulfilling their missions, through building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Engage and educate new and existing partner ecosystem, and support their technical implementation efforts.
- Assist solution providers and government agencies with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies that will enable them to drive down costs and raise the bar for citizen services.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community, as well as your public sector SA team.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal business support systems.