- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems
- Experience managing a team of software development managers and senior engineers
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, software configuration management, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Comfortable handling multiple challenging priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
Are you interested in leading a team to build out a world-class log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast-paced startup style environment?
Amazon Elasticsearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Elasticsearch's easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineering managers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team:
As an Senior Manager, Software Development, you will:
- Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Lead the team in building a best-in-class technology platform.
- Oversee an exceptional group of managers and engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of extremely large distributed systems as well as areas related to as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
- Attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class managers and engineers.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess expert knowledge in engineering best practices
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
You are a builder of products as well as a builder of teams. You are a seasoned technical leader capable of driving the development of leading edge search technology with an innovative spirit, love of technology and ability to wear many hats. You have extensive experience managing Internet and middleware technologies in online businesses and are fluent in discussing distributed computing, data management, networking, optimization technologies, and object-oriented programming with senior architects and technical leads. Finally, your high energy and tireless commitment provides your team with the focus needed to deliver an exceptional service to thousands of Amazon Web Services customers. Along the way you'll learn a ton, have fun, and make a positive impact on our business.