- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred or 10+ years strong, relevant experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience working cross functionally with development, design, and marketing teams.
- 5+ years strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- 5+ years in setting product definitions and roadmaps.
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in web-related technologies and services. Amazon leaders have said publically that AWS can be as big as our retail business and combined with a fast pace release cycle we need the kind of individuals that can manage product portfolios to facilitate our success. You will be surrounded by people that are passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
Our AWS Training & Certification Digital Learning Strategy and Product team is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative thought leader as a Senior Product Manager with a strong background in product innovation to participate in the definition, development, and incubation of product offerings using modern technologies that will transform the digital learning experience. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will define new learning opportunities. This position requires a strong technical background to produce concrete specifications, develop prototypes, and drive the implementation. In this position, you will play a supporting role in defining product requirements, product delivery, go-to-market strategy, increasing product adoption and revenue for a portfolio of innovative products. This role requires ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a very ambiguous, fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment.
- Supports business strategy and objectives in order to identify requirements and resources for complex initiatives for digital learning
- Manages a product roadmap and lifecycle of initiatives that enhance the digital learning experience.
- Participates in the definition and development of learning experience frameworks that can be productized, reusable, and support domain-based customization
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand use cases and learning challenges
- Evaluate industry innovations and learning technology
- Perform market analyses, usability studies, and usage patterns to research and identify new opportunities for innovation to solve learning challenges.
- Design and execute on prototypes that can be used as part of an existing curriculum strategy, as standalone offerings, and complement partner offerings
- Maintain subject matter expertise across strategic technology domains, including hands-on analysis, testing activities and supports roll out and adoption activities as required
- Establish goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
- Accountable for proposed projects/programs.
- Removes barriers to project completion.
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity