The AWS Financial Experience (FinX) Team builds and operates the back and front end platforms that enable customers to understand their financial status and pay for services. Our team owns customer financial experience and management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms. We are looking for a for a seasoned and talented software engineering manager to join the team in Vancouver.
Our services generate and send financial documents to customers, collect payments, and account for revenue. We process millions of invoices and financial documents every month, which represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Quality, accuracy and availability are critical to our business.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
We are looking for a senior software development leader to drive key FinX initiatives, including:
- Collections and Dunning: Own the services and policies that describe how AWS handles collecting payments from its customers. Have the opportunity to redefine standard financial processes, for example: turn static configuration for processes like payment retries into customer-specific retry policies using machine learning.
- Non Payment Suspension: Find the right balance between business stakeholders, technical teams and customer obsession to define processes and build software that supports AWS' financial health but minimally impact AWS customers.
In this highly visible role, you will be the business owner, working with your peers and senior management, driving projects that will enable FinX to launch new products quicker, simpler, and more easily.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver game changing experiences for customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people’s lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects, will help you make strong business judgments. You've come to the understanding that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
What You'll Do
- Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
- Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
- Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Distil and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
- Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy