Do you love translating data, insights, and anecdotes into actionable results? Are you obsessed with customer successes and supporting sales organizations? Do you share a passion to make customers successful? Do you believe that a deep understanding of customer and business data can change an organization? Are you excited to discover and solve thorny business challenges through simplification and creative technology solutions? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment working with diverse teams cutting across functions, organizations, and cultures to achieve a common goal?
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform where your career can thrive. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure.
The WW Sales Operations & Planning team supports business groups within AWS Sales to achieve the highest standards of operational efficiency & effectiveness. As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to provide solutions, create and simplify processes for operational effectiveness, build mechanisms that improve leadership decision-making, and manage global initiatives. The broad operational responsibilities will be to establish and execute operational goals, provide actionable insights, establish/track/report performance metrics, establish resource plans & track headcount, setup and execute programs that increase the effectiveness of the organization.
The successful candidate must have a long-term mindset, with a great attitude, must be a fast learner, likes continual challenge, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Communication, attention to detail, follow through, ability to coordinate across teams will be second nature for being effective. This position requires the candidate to be a hands-on problem solver, diving deep to identify blockers, have an uncanny ability to unpack complexity and develop simple solutions. The candidate must have demonstrated expertise in data analytics, be proficient in process optimization, and have a penchant for conceptualizing & implementing automated mechanisms.
Preferred cities where this position can sit: New York, NY; Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; or Seattle, WA.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support annual operational planning activities to create a business plan with strategic initiatives and priorities supported by data and customer anecdotes.
- Support the creation, tracking, and execution of goals and operational metrics required to achieve the strategic objectives of the business group.
- Support operational activities related to resource planning, budgeting, and compensation plans, preparing for monthly & quarterly operational reviews, and tracking status of initiatives.
- Drive process optimization and automation initiatives to improve the efficiency and quality of the deal cycle.
- Proactively identify, track, and execute opportunities to improve operational performance and achieve key goals and targets.
- Creating project plans, identifying resources, and organizing cross-functional teams to implement future state process & tools.
- Collaborate with functional teams to develop business or technology solutions, conduct proof-of-concept, and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures.
- Publish project trackers and flash reports to keep stakeholders informed about project status.
- Create forecasting and other analytical models using the appropriate business logic to provide actionable insights.
- Create reports and visualization to present results in an easy and meaningful manner.