- 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, customer marketing or product marketing
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science, or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling positioning and messaging material
- Experience planning and developing marketing assets such as web pages, sales tools, whitepapers, emails, and online ads
- Experience interpreting marketing and product analytics, and extracting relevant insights for decision making
- Experience launching and growing adoption of innovative technology products
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Experience driving consensus and articulating program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- Ability to travel and to work independently and autonomously
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Are you excited to be able to explain how AWS can be a great platform to build and run applications at scale? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how these technologies can make a big difference to their businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering team as talking with a journalist? The Amazon Web Services Product Marketing team is hiring!
You will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to developers about our serverless technologies. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging, creating the most compelling content to help our audiences understand use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. This role is responsible for designing and implementing marketing campaigns, programs and events that help developers become successful using AWS services. You'll get to work on a growing business and have a big impact every day.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. The ideal candidate will be passionate and visionary, articulating the most complex technical concepts in terms that make sense to customers.
Be determined. We are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. We're a large company with the mentality normally associated with start-ups. You'll be willing to roll up your sleeves to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
- Design and implement campaigns, programs, and events to educate and engage with developers using AWS and our serverless technologies
- Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audience effectively
- Own website and social media content
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, product marketing, and evangelism to achieve business goals