- Significant account management or business development experience in the IT industry.
- Extensive quota-carrying technology sales experience.
- Direct field experience working with mobile, console and/or PC game industry customers in Canada.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Fluent in English, with bilingual (French) language proficiency preferred.
Would you like to be a part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services in the small to medium size business market? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
Video games are one of the largest forms of entertainment in the world, with 2 billion gamers playing a diverse range of games on PCs, mobile devices, and consoles. AWS is actively investing in this space and is looking to help game developers create games faster and easier. Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and game developers building the next generation games? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the leader in games?
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with producers, engineers, and architects. Your responsibilities will include building and managing a multi-million dollar games opportunity pipeline focused on market penetration of the top game developers, accelerating cloud adoption, and driving revenue from games in the cloud. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort, at the decision maker level, that will include teaming with AWS senior Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, Partners and engaging with Producers, Engineers, IT leaders, and senior executives within the largest game developers.
He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Role and Responsibilities
- Promote AWS gaming services in Canada.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS gaming services.
- Drive and facilitate customer adoption.
- Maintain a robust projects and opportunity pipeline.
- Work with partners to extend reach and promote adoption.
- Contribute to a positive customer experience in the gaming industry, attend industry events, and engage the broader AWS team to enable industry solutions
- Expect moderate to heavy travel.