- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and outcomes from their team’s tasks and activities, and the overall success of a project.
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations as necessary for successful program and project delivery.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate experience to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects/customers.
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on an enterprise level engagement.
- Has managed projects using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project toolsets and source code management products.
Strategically, AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions. Engagement Managers lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
Tactically, AWS Engagement Managers are responsible for managing scope, schedule, and cost. Our Engagement Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. Engagement Managers must leverage their management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to their team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations.
5+ years Project Management / Engagement Management consulting experience managing enterprise level IT projects across multiple industries
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-Company environment
- Minimum leadership experience managing technical projects consisting of 5 to 12 people totaling over $500,000 budget
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time
- Team player willing to work in an international environment and be part of a global team
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Negotiation and issue resolution capabilities
- Business financial and business case development acumen
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
- PMP Certification a plus
- Scrum Master Certification a plus