- An MS/PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. PhD strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
- Strong Problem solving ability
- Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Experience using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 50% regionally.
Excited by Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Software? Interested in creating new state-of-the-art solutions using Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques on Terabytes of Data?
At AWS, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale Machine Learning Services and Applications on the Cloud involving large amounts of data. We work on applying predictive technology to a wide spectrum of problems. We are looking for talented and experienced Machine Learning Scientists who can apply innovative Machine Learning techniques to real-world problems. You will get to work in a team dedicated to advancing Machine Learning solutions at AWS and converting it to business-impacting solutions.
- Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches