- Graduate student in Law, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, or Business.
- Equal ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Enjoy learning.
- Ability to communicate, structure and organize information for a variety of different consumers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to complete tasks on time, while meeting the highest standards of quality.
- Fluency in English.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. We are looking for a talented and innovative individual to support the AWS Public Policy team's engagements with policymakers regarding issues of importance to AWS's customers and the AWS business.
The successful candidate will proactively build relationships across the AWS Public Policy, Amazon Public Policy, business, public relations, and legal teams to help prioritize and address public policy issues faced by AWS in Canada at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels, as well as in highly-regulated markets (e.g., energy, financial services, and healthcare). You will be involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, pursuing "think big" ideas, helping drive performance and building plans for the future. The role is broad-based and will require an individual who can thrive in a dynamic environment; successful candidates are organized, detail-oriented, and effective communicators.
This is a full-time (working hours) internship (March - December 2019) aimed at graduate-level university students. The position is based in Toronto, Ontario and is aligned to the AWS Americas Public Policy team.
Candidates will be responsible for:
- Supporting development of AWS' policy position a variety of issues at the Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government, as well as in highly regulated markets (e.g., energy, financial services, or healthcare).
- Scheduling and preparing documents for meetings with policy-makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Supporting the Public Policy team in working with AWS' business teams to ensure alignment between business and policy goals.
- Taking ownership of a "think big" idea, and presenting a strategy and/or plan for implementation.