- Experience in operations, whether through operations consulting at a top-tier business firm or engineering.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with owners to define key business/operations questions and to build data sets and operational recommendations that drive our studio capabilities forward.
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals.
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss varied concepts, trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas.
- Versatile collaborator that can present and context switch across broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Flexible, self-directed, and accustomed to grace under pressure in lean environments.
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
We are seeking a Localization Product Manager to be part of the Production/Post Strategy & Planning team, embedded in the WW Production & Ops department. The role partners with the Head of Originals Localization to lead, define and drive the roadmap for Originals localization. We dub and/or subtitle over 20+ languages to make our content available to global customers.
A successful candidate is a pragmatic visionary that translates operations and business needs into a leading-edge, customer-focused solutions. This person should be comfortable creating solutions for ambitious ideas in ambiguous environments. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory, where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. The candidate must be a strong collaborator since you'll be working side to side with the Originals Localization team to bring these ideas to life.
Key activities include:
- Develop short and long-term operational strategies and tools to streamline and/or improve localization operations
- Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve Originals localization program objectives.
- Prepare and present localization operating plans for business reviews with senior leaders
- Deliver recommendations and/or operating plans for how to optimize localization spend, resources, and time
- Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress and communicate state of the operations against goals.