Software Development Engineer II
Pay: Depend on experience
Location: New York, NY 10001
I am currently seeking a Software Development Engineer for a Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team we are looking for passionate, results-oriented, inventive software engineer who wants to build the next generation supply chain prediction and experimentation platforms.
We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineer capable of building scalable software solutions for Inventory buying systems. The ideal candidate will work with other engineers, product managers and research scientists to build end to end solutions solving complex business problems. Here, you can take your skills to a new level as you work with the most cutting-edge technologies.
If you're excited by cloud computing and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the computer science problems, then join us.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficient in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C++, or C. JDBC, Hibernate, or JPA. We use Java.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Preferred qualifications :
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- Working knowledge/experience with Relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
- Innovation and initiative to improve coding standards, test coverage, quality and automation
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- c++: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- full software development life cycle,: 1 year (Preferred)
- java: 1 year (Preferred)