- 5+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to achieve bold short, medium and long-term goals
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Develop functional requirements to create new tools or refine processes/policies.
- Develop business cases with policy and/or implementation recommendations to handle new areas of opportunity, including scaling with software.
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 200,000 titles available on-demand to Kindle, Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes. Are you excited to drive high-visibility, strategic, projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives for a fast growing business of Amazon? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling in to architecture and design with development teams? If so, you would be the right person for the Principal Product Manager role that we are seeking for the Prime Video WW Content Operations team?
The team's core mission is to receive and ingest content from our partner studios and networks, manage it through the publishing process, and ensure it makes it way to the site on-time and in pristine condition in the format and offers necessary to support our rapidly expanding service. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with cross-functional counterparts in engineering, content acquisition, product management, finance, and executive teams to ensure the operations team and systems are supporting the broader growth, launching new features, developing and growing business opportunities, and enhancing our customer experience. You will define and drive the product roadmap to drive supply chain automation, efficiency, and scalability. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key activities include:
- Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve product objectives
- Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report
to management on weekly/monthly basis
- Work cross functionally with the content licensing, program management, engineering, marketing and finance teams
to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution