- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise and judgment in the applied techniques of home goods and furniture photography (composition, lighting, capture, and processing), as well as pre-production and post-production steps
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in photography or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial studio photography and film environments
- Exhaustive knowledge of common digital capture platforms Canon/Nikon DSLRs); various lighting environments (strobe and LED); and best practices/conventions for grip and set safety.
- Fluency in Photoshop, Capture One, Bridge
- Working knowledge of PC computing platforms
- Stand and/or walk during shifts between 8 and 10 hours long
- Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch and/or stretch during shifts between 8 and 10 hours long
- Engage in full dexterity with both hands and wrists
Amazon Product Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for a dynamic photographer with a deep portfolio to work in our high-volume digital photography studio. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and accomplished working with still photography on large sets, room scenes and editorial settings; have proven success working across all imaging categories, and demonstrate the ability to raise the creative bar through commercially relevant imagery. The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, communication, and partnership. This person will bring innovation to high-volume photographic workflows, reducing the operational cost while improving the quality of imagery produced.
Daily responsibilities of this role include:
- Take direction from studio creative leads (Art Director, Photography Manager) and collaborate with the other team members (Stylist, Set Builders, Digitechs, and Assistants) to follow style guides and produce consistent image assets on a daily basis
- Continually achieve productivity and cycle time goals while remaining the outspoken defender of creative quality within the demands of a high production environment
- Partner with Studio Ops team to support merchandise inventory management and ensure loss prevention
- Learn, use, and become the primary subject matter expert on all studio production software and analytical tools
- Assume responsibility over all studio sets and work with Equipment Manager to maintain camera, lighting, and grip equipment
- Routinely improve, simplify, and document all studio processes in centralized wiki formats
- Identify and address safety hazards within the studio work area
- Actively share best practices across global partner studios