Join the Amazon retail team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates’ ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment and make Amazon stores a destination for discovering the best that Amazon.com has to offer, whether that be books, devices, services, or other highly rated products from Amazon.com. You will support the store manager in the end-to-end operations for store and lead a team of retail associates to delight customers. You will play a vital role in maintaining a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of retail associates, including hiring and on-boarding new associates, directing work, managing performance, providing regular feedback, and supporting career development and employee growth.
- Partner with the Store Manager and delegate daily operations to drive exceptional results, including executing standard operating procedures, managing inventory control and merchandising, identifying areas of improvement, implementing solutions, and providing ongoing training where needed.
- Along with the Store Manager, own the customer experience for your location, maintaining a strong store culture built on Customer Obsession and Amazon’s Leadership Principles.
- Measure key performance indicators to drive performance metrics, manage inputs that deliver results, and convey performance results for regular business reviews.
- Work with the Store Manager to communicate an effective weekly labor schedule to ensure the right amount of labor in the right place at the right time, considering allocated labor hours, Amazon labor guidelines, and applicable labor laws.
- Strike a balance between delegating to your team and executing tasks yourself, serving as a role model for the customer experience and stepping into the shoes of associates to provide a smooth experience for the customer or to teach/coach/develop associates.
- Create and maintain a culture of engagement with the Store Manager by routinely listening and responding to feedback from associates and customers.
- Work with Store Manager to create and maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment to ensure the security of all employees, customers, and products.
- Respond to escalations and provide guidance to associates on what issues should be escalated or resolved on their own.
- Execute on merchandising strategies and provide on-going coaching to associates on proper set up of in-store product displays that meet merchandising standards
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience working independently in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
- Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers
- 1+ years of relevant merchandising experience, including executing all procedures related to the in-store display of products and services to drive the customer experience, generate product interest, and maximize sales
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.