- 5 years' experience in product marketing, product management, or product development
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end, we are building a range of advertising products that enhance the customer experience and are integrated with our core e-commerce experience. We launched our first advertising program in 2006 and since then have built a portfolio of advertising products across twelve countries enabling advertisers to reach customers on Amazon sites, mobile web and apps, on Fire tablets and Fire TV, and on thousands of third-party sites and apps.
The future of our business is compelling, and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business enabling advertisers of all sizes to engage with customers in relevant and engaging ways. Our products range from display ads that integrate native-like and familiar shopping features to visually stunning Fire tablet screensavers. We can reach customers on Amazon properties both desktop and mobile, and across the web.
We are seeking an accomplished, Senior Product Marketing professional to lead the go-to-market strategy for new self-service advertising solutions designed for advertisers who sell products on Amazon. You will join a rapidly-growing team at an early stage in its development, and have the opportunity to shape and develop the position and marketing for our advertising solutions across all ad products. You will work closely with our core customer set for the product: Amazon sellers, vendors and large and medium-sized agencies who help these sellers and vendors grow their business with Amazon. You will work closely with and across Marketing, PR, Product Management, Sales, Research, and Training teams. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, which consistently adjust based on market conditions and feedback from customers. As an owner, you will not only define the product marketing strategy for new self-service advertising solutions, you will also need to be strong in execution of the development of marketing materials, including sales collateral, case studies, training, and external blog posts.
Specific functions are as follows:
- Own go-to-market strategy, and execution of new product launches and adoption initiatives for self-service advertising solutions
- Develop year-long marketing plans for how to develop and drive adoption for new ad solutions, including defining the value proposition and messaging frameworks, and drive articulation of product portfolio positioning, aligned to advertiser goals
- Create compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive adoption and understanding of new product features
- Drive product adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new growth initiatives
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings
- Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
- Identify internal and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning and go-to-market plans
- Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the Amazon audiences portfolio