- 10+ years of consulting experience in marketing, advertising, retail or related domains
- 5+ years of experience managing services teams
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in project management of complex deliverables with limited resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of hiring and developing consulting and data science talent
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
- Fluency with basic data and visualization tools (such as SQL, MS Excel, Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.)
- Comfortable with basis analytics sciences (such as statistics and regression) and their applications in e-commerce marketing (such as MMM, Attribution and Hypothesis testing)
Amazon's Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) team is looking for a motivated and experienced leader to own, develop and lead the rapidly growing US services team within our org delivering advanced analytics and insights managed service to some of Amazon's largest and most sophisticated advertisers. We are a startup within one of the fastest growing and most strategic parts of Amazon. Our team owns the product, technology and professional services for advanced analytics and insight across our advertiser success team. Advertiser success is core to Amazon's growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Your team single threadedly owns A&I Services delivery across United States. You are a member of the account leadership team (along with Sales and Account Management). Your team uses Amazon's unique data and translates it into high-quality, actionable insights to help advertisers achieve their objectives and unlock Amazon business opportunities. Day to day, your team activities include analyzing metrics of success for an advertiser or product category, developing and testing custom analytical solutions, and preparing client presentations to communicate recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion. Your team acts as strategic analytical partners for advertisers, participating in upfront strategy and negotiations and influencing marketing initiatives. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, think big, move fast, and who wants to change the way customers use data to drive business success. If you excel at proposing and developing unique analytical insights and are passionate about creating the future of e-commerce marketing, come join us as we work hard, have fun and make history.
- Build and grow your team: You'll be accountable for building a services team that delivers result. You'll wear a lot of hats -- from coaching individuals, to leading technical discussions, recruiting top talent and establishing processes. You'll be an example of Amazon's leadership principles and work to grow more leaders within your group. You will manage a fast-growing team that spans multiple locations (New York, Los Angles, etc.).
- Lead beyond your team: You'll work closely with A&I Services leaders in the rest of the world to ensure we deliver high quality service to our global clients and continuously share knowledge and raise the bar globally. You will contribute to the overall growth of our business in your locals by working closely with Sales and Account Management teams.
- Influence and collaborate on research and product initiatives: You'll build and maintain strong relationships between your team, A&I research and prototyping teams, A&I product and engineering teams and other product teams outside A&I to ensure that we're delivering the right product for customers.
- Act as a senior analytical partner: You'll participate in upfront strategy and negotiations, leverage Amazon's data to understand our advertising customers' business and provide guidance to C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client sessions to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand's story.
- Lead development of external knowledge collateral such as white papers.
- Familiar with e-commerce and advertising data and have a track record of developing and delivering client insights using this data.
- Highly analytical and data-driven: You are a hands-on technical leader with a track record of building and growing data science teams. You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
- Team obsessed: You find and cultivate talent to be capable of achieving outstanding results. You help develop the creative atmosphere to let your team innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
- You are customer obsessed and have sharp business acumen to build a service vision and roadmap that contributes to the success of our advertisers.