- 8-10 years' experience in product marketing and/or brand and content marketing
- 5+ years building, leading, and developing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Strong understanding of, and ability to deliver against, product marketing and related responsibilities, including:
- Drive and lead marketing assessment, including competitive analysis, customer segmentation, and working knowledge of drafting product requirements
- Work closely with the sales and support teams to evaluate customer needs, and translate those needs to product and engineering teams
- Develop the value proposition and go-to-market strategy for product releases, and execute those plans
- Lead the creation and delivery of positioning, materials, and training for sales and clients
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams (including PR, design, product, and engineering stakeholders)
- Assess adoption of released products, and conduct analysis on impact to the business.
- Drive improvements with product teams where appropriate
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on verbal and written communication, and eye for editing
- Ability to form strong relationships and build trust with senior leaders across the organization
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a fast-paced workplace and deal with ongoing change and ambiguity
Amazon Advertising is a fast-growing business dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions--including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads--leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Our team's mission is to simplify our portfolio of products and solutions to deliver the most value for our advertising customers.We are looking for a stellar manager to lead the multi-channel ads product marketing team for Amazon Advertising. This is an exciting time to grow and develop a strong team of product marketers to drive global impact in positioning and taking Amazon Advertising solutions to market.
This role will lead a team of product marketers responsible for both inbound and outbound marketing responsibilities--including a deep understanding and empathy for our advertising customers, and ability to synthesize their needs along with industry trends to drive the product direction. The team is responsible for all go-to-market strategy and execution for advertising solutions globally, which includes the creation of all marketing materials. As a manager, he/she will be responsible for ensuring positioning, sales collateral and marketing is well-crafted with a high attention to detail. This team interfaces directly with multiple cross-functional teams, including product, legal, privacy and policy, sales and customer success teams, training, and PR, and the ability to effectively partner with these teams will be critical to success. This person will also invent new ways of doing things with an eye for simplifying and improving processes, and be responsible for additional projects to add more value to the business.
Specific functions are as follows:
- Build and lead team of product marketers responsible for global product marketing
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and training teams, product, sales, insights and analysts, legal, and PR to deliver accurate positioning of our products and solutions
- Continually raise the bar on development of compelling, data-driven storytelling with an advertiser focus
- Lead the team that develops go-to-market strategy and adoption-driving initiatives for top business drivers
- Ability to identify global stakeholder needs, escalate quickly when there is misalignment, and implement team prioritization
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes