- 5+ years' experience in product marketing and/or brand and content marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing material, and review and provide constructive feedback to improve content across the team
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
- Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Ability to prioritize effectively and focus on defined goals
- MS Office skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier--whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions--including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads--leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished marketing manager to develop the regional marketing plan for Canada and Mexico, and then execute against it. The regional marketing team will be responsible for diving deep into specific locales, understanding the customer segment and business needs, and marketplace dynamics. They will work with core marketing and training teams to build locale-based narratives and local sales strategies. This person will be responsible for the marketing strategy in support of our managed service advertising team in CA and MX, working across product marketing, brand and events marketing, and training teams to provide a holistic plan in partnership with the CA/MX leadership team. This role will own the local content roadmap and support in-locale product go-to-market efforts, and validate local website and content localization needs. This person will develop content for the CA team, fully owning creation, review, approval, and adoption in the content release process. The role will plug into processes for stakeholder management in-locale, as well as report out via mechanisms for measurement and feedback into the corporate marketing team.
This is a complex role, requiring clear goal setting and prioritization, stakeholder management and communication, and measuring success for the pilot regional marketing program. Day-to-day activities will change constantly as our business grows and this person can expect to establish programs that impact thousands of advertisers. Being flexible and comfortable with ambiguity will be required for success.
Specific functions are as follows:
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and training teams, product, sales, insights and analysts, legal, and PR to deliver accurate positioning and storytelling of our products and solutions for Canada and Mexico marketplaces
- Localize global brand and product marketing campaigns and content (emails, research , web content, sales enablement tools) for advertisers and media agencies audiences in the UK
- Continually raise the bar on development of compelling, data-driven storytelling with a customer focus
- Develop advertiser and agency playbooks, case studies, research and vertical content programs for the CA/MX team; create marketing plans to drive adoption for new materials through marketing and training channels
- Support the global events team with content creation for industry and Amazon Advertising events in CA/MX
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities at selected industry events in CA/MX to increase awareness for Amazon Advertising products in local, and discover new ways to leverage industry memberships
- Create mechanisms and operating procedures for sales communications in locale
- Ability to identify local stakeholder needs, implement prioritization; ensure regular communications and marketing business reviews to measure the effectiveness of local marketing programs
- Own alignment with CA/MX leadership on prioritized marketing roadmap and goals