Reports to Senior Buyer - No Direct Reports
Amazon Hose is a leading global provider of hydraulic and industrial hoses to consumers and business. The company's offerings span a variety of manufactures that we represent along with our expertise in hose applications and fabrication. Our extensive inventory and market knowledge allow us to deliver innovative solutions to our customer's problems. We drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers and employees.
Purchase product(s) and ensure the arrival and consumption of materials in time to ship products on time; work towards the accomplishment of sales and profit goals. Daily purchasing operations by providing quality services to customers and vendors by building and maintaining relationships with both internal teams and external vendors to sustain efficient procurement and purchasing processes.
* Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders to acquire materials, components, supplies, equipment and inventory consistent with standards of quality and production schedules.
* Maintain inventory levels as set forth by management.
* Move and price excess and obsolete inventory for maximum ROI.
* Communicate with vendors to assure that all compliance documentation requirements are fulfilled.
* Support internal and external customers, outside vendors and third-party contractors.
* Track purchase orders and research as necessary.
* Track vendor compliance documentation and assist with vendor audits.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Minimum of 2 years' experience in an office setting required, dependable, good organizational skills and record keeping. Must have the following qualities: discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude, cheerful presence and people skills, and good computer skills, including use of Microsoft Outlook, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a proactive team player who strives to make significant contributions to the company. The ideal candidate would be a well-organized, self-starter who possesses a strong work ethic in providing professional/proficient excellence in the required tasks. Great attention to detail is essential.
* Associates degree in Accounting or Business helpful but not required
* 2+ years of purchasing experience
* Experience in logistics/supply chain management desired
* Proficient in Microsoft Office especially strong in Excel
* Flexible; must be able to work cross-functionally
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Employee is regularly required sit for most of the work day at a work station surrounded by several other individuals. The noise level in the work environment is usually soft.
Job Type: Full-time