Amazon FreeTime brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime
Do you want to create and deliver innovative consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? As a Web Development Engineer in the Amazon FreeTime team, you will own and drive large-scale customer-facing web applications from inception to delivery and beyond. You will solve technical challenges in web computing, back-end services, and algorithms. Your solutions will be part of consumer products used everyday by people you know.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on Internet-connected devices. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. We have quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years professional experience building customer facing web applications
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
- Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Spring, Rails)
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive