UX Lab is the incubation design team within Amazon Device Design Group. Our mandate is to investigate, create, and share experiences that flow out to Amazon product teams. We’re a think / make environment, driven to answer the why and how customers experience products or services. Working with Amazon business and technology partners, we use design and prototyping to guide early product development, bring greater clarity to engineering goals, and develop a UX-grounded point of view.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Motion UX Designer with a passion for using technology to solve problems for people. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving highly ambiguous, multi-faceted problems. You love the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways.
You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will work closely with engineering, product management, industrial design, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
You will use a variety of methods, storyboards, animatics, high-fidelity motion design and specifications to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering and product partners at every phase of product development. You will champion the human voice and invent and simplify technical solutions to make them powerful tools that are easy to use. You will collaborate on a daily basis with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of design and research professionals working on some of the most challenging opportunities at Amazon today.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
The ideal candidate will:
- Design V1 experiences while developing the strategy for future product iterations.
- Quickly iterate on multiple motion design solutions and work through details.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate motion ideas.
- Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, esthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards.
- Present concepts, help facilitate ideation sessions, and workshops with internal teams.