Amazon RDS, the world's largest cloud provider of managed databases, is looking for a system development engineer who is ready to take on a leadership role within the Performance Insights team and support our mission innovating on customer monitoring and analytics capabilities on the platform.
This person has strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, and communication skills to interface with internal team members and internal/external customers. We are looking for an individual who has the passion for engineering novel solutions to complex service challenges, as well as growing and developing their technical abilities in an operational environment.
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will:
- Build systems and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow colleagues to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Lead builds to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
- Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Mentor and advise the team on matters of systems engineering and architecture best practices.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services