The Ordering team is at the heart of the Amazon e-Commerce platform, running the largest e-Commerce engine in the world. Our systems orchestrate the creation and processing of orders across hundreds of systems at Amazon to deliver a world-class customer experience. We are responsible for managing the end-to-end life-cycle of every order created on Amazon websites and mobile apps the world over. Our work directly impacts millions of customers across the world every single day!
As a Support Engineer in Ordering, you will get opportunity to work on complex technical issues and multiple business domains across Amazon's e-commerce stack. You will lead operations of large-scale, highly available software systems and services that process large number of requests per second. You will be the operational lead for the team. You will be responsible for troubleshooting production issues, monitoring services, and building tools. You will work closely with development teams to coordinate software fixes and deployments, and will directly influence the teams OpEx roadmap. You will be the owner for the team's operational health.
Some key job functions for Support Engineer IV will be–
- Own support activities, such as deployment, scaling and high velocity events planning.
- Use existing or build new tools and dashboards to report, track and reduce the operational efforts.
- Understand the business logic and architecture of services/systems to regularly resolve undocumented trouble tickets, to support external team queries and create documentation for use by junior support engineers, team on-calls, and other Amazonians.
- Read and understand complex JAVA/C++/RUBY application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues as necessary.
- Provide mentoring, training, documentation, and tools to junior Support Engineers.
- Oversee the Change Management (CM) process across all the team's services, you will act as a bar-raising reviewer for CMs.
- Create and interpret metrics that measure support success and service performance as well as service health. You are expected to review and refine these with ongoing changes.
- You will own publishing the operational health metrics to senior leadership. You will define and track the milestones for the Operational Wellness projects.
- You will act as an operational point of contact for all the services owned by the team, and represent team in organization level operational meetings.