Interested in working on interesting and challenging problems that impact millions of users? Interested in contributing and driving for customer satisfaction? The Amazon Consumer Payments Support Engineering team builds solutions to identify and eliminate risks before it negatively impacts the customer experience. The team is searching for a strong support engineer to help us improve our systems and services, including:
- Support engineering and troubleshooting on issues related to Amazon systems and services
- Interface with operations and business partners to resolve important customer issues
- Developing tools, applications, code improvements and scripts to resolve operational burden of engineering team
This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. Some of the key job functions of the support engineer are:
- Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging.
- Work on maintenance driven coding projects, in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, or Java based projects.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Minimum of 2 years of increasing responsibility working as a network systems/infrastructure/support engineer.
- Degree from an accredited university or 3 years of relevant experience in a network/systems/support role.
- Experience troubleshooting to root cause and fix application defects.
- Maniacal customer obsession. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms
- Knowledge in Amazon Web services is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences.
- Strong as an individual contributor creating, managing standard operating procedures and internal process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via documentation/email) with peers, management, and third parties.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation