Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage a small elite portfolio of very strategic AWS technology partners. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to drive enterprise adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS and many more cloud services.
Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions with large global technology companies and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within multiple technology segments as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage each partner's field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Ensure that AWS sales field and partner business managers work closely with each partner's customer base to maximize success using our web services.
- Ensure that AWS is each partner's preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, and business reviews (internal/external). BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess 8 + years of sales management and/or business development experience in the technology/cloud services industry, with proven ability to build profitable ecosystem technology partnerships.
- Ability to create and meet joint solution, strategies and tactical plans.
- Consistently exceed quota and key performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive security technologies as well as virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
- Deep familiarity with cloud and enterprise security, networking and data center products, services, market positioning and sales strategies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Value Added Reseller background and sales experience
Knowledge of AWS and Infrastructure technologies, services and standards
Computer Science background
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation