The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use the Alexa service for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Customers today can call and receive voice and calls and we have recently launched Drop In, a new way to communicate spontaneously with the people you care about most, both within and outside the home.
We are looking for someone who is excited about understanding how we can help customers connect with each other and specifically how we can make the more natural by improving the quality of voice and calls. Imagine helping elderly customers communicate clearly with their children and grandchildren, or providing an where you could imagine being together with the people you are communicating with, even when you are in separate parts of the world
As a Senior Software Engineer You Will Be Expected To
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, and engineering best practices.
- Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against competing systems in the industry.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over the core platform teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and .