Amazon Prime Video is looking for a Sr. Manager of Awards to take a leadership role in supporting awards efforts for our Amazon Original Movies and the Prime Video service. The goal of this position is to support the Director of Awards in our efforts to create, build and iterate on holistic strategic, marketing, PR and promotional activities across our feature film release slate, to effectively and efficiently target the proper audiences while striving to achieve and exceed agreed upon objectives. We aim to build the brand and recognition of our original content and the Prime Video service throughout the entertainment industry and with Amazon customers on a global scale.
We are looking for someone who has deep experience in the awards/PR/marketing space, working across internal teams and within the entertainment industry to lead awards campaign efforts to garner maximum nominations and wins in support of the Prime Video brand. As the Sr. Manager of Awards, you will be responsible for ideating, creating and producing innovative marketing, PR and promotional activities, as well as the development and implementation of efforts to deepen engagement with the appropriate industry associations, guilds, media outlets and related partners and stakeholders.
You will work with internal resources and external agencies/production companies to create appropriate strategies and implement tactical plans. You will be a key member of the Prime Video/Amazon Studios leadership team and work closely with the head of the studio, the heads of movies and TV, development executives and a wide range of teams across marketing, PR, media and Amazon as a whole.
We are looking for a candidate who offers a unique blend of strategy, media, PR, industry relationships and creative instincts, with the ability to develop and articulate our unique value proposition and build trust with industry leaders and customers.
Duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage activities in support of our awards efforts, including but not limited to strategy, submissions, talent relations, media, advertising, creative, events, promotion, talent relations and PR.
- Build and implement strategies that provide us with the most advantageous opportunity to gain significant recognition in the industry and with consumers.
- Build relationships and work effectively with talent, producers, creators, trade personnel, publicists, agents, managers, media outlets and industry influencers.
- Work across a wide range of internal teams to gain alignment on strategic approach and implementation.
- Build and manage positive relationships with key external partners and stakeholders including the Motion Picture Academy, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Directors/Producers/Writers guilds, film festivals, regional critics groups, and other relevant associations that are important to achieving our goals.
- Ability to bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale.
- Measure outputs against internal and external measures and deliver continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage appropriate internal and external agency, creative and production partners.