120 Bremner Boulevard, 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8
As a Solutions Architect, you will be a core member of the partner team. This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for or with a global systems integrator, technology consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company.
Working with partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders. You should be just as comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills, and have the ability to drive technical conversations you will enjoy this role.
We want to help our partners envision innovative customer solutions, design Well-Architected systems, implement complex big data platform, automate large scale infrastructure, build cloud native applications, and adopt new ways of thinking about technology.
Terms of Employment:
- Work closely with Partner Sales Managers, AWS Professional Services and other Solutions Architects throughout the lifecycle of customer engagements
- Assist partners define the approach, tools, and target architecture as they migrate customers or build cloud native solutions on Amazon Web Services
- Validate partner architectures, deliverables, SOWs, project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver customer engagements
- Organize and deliver technical workshops, webinars and other public speaking engagements.
- Some travel is required.
Full time, permanent position
Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
- Health Care
- Savings Plans
- Income Protection
- Paid Time Off
- Signing Bonuses
- Employee Stock
$100,700 to $168,200/yr, commensurate with experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams
- Directly collaborate with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive "hands-on" education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using, AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of hands on implementation or consulting experience
- 3+ years in a customer and or partner facing roles
- Experience working with end users or developer communities
- Experience working effectively across internal and external organizations
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required: Computer Science, Math or related field PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- All applicants must meet the qualifications above
To apply, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en