Love music? Want to build consumer-facing products that touches the lives of millions of people? Combine your passions and come reinvent music listening with us! We’re working hard, having fun, and making history here at Amazon Music.
We are seeking a skilled engineering leader to join our Cross-Channel Marketing Platform team to help develop and manage large-scale services creating engagement with millions of users. Our team works on enabling our customer relationship and lifecycle marketing via the development of the tools, infrastructure, and data integrations required to manage high-scale, personalized customer interactions with Amazon's leading digital music products, including the Music Store and Cloud Player, on web, Android, Kindle, iOS and other platforms. This includes merchandising, e-mail, in-app, and push channels as well as building cross-channel capabilities to automate customer communications with the right message at the right time in the right channel.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is a must. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and software development team and be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs. S/he also have experience hiring and developing engineers, helping them meet and exceed their career goals.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.