Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Step Functions, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. It's a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
The Step Functions service and the team is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our Developer Experience team. You will lead a team of talented engineers obsessed with optimizing the experience of AWS builders using Step Functions. You have a passion for Serverless computing and its ability to unleash the creativity of builders. You understand how modern applications are built and what is required to make them successful. You demand uncompromising quality in yourself and your team. You are hands-on, technically astute, customer obsessed, and an expert coach.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience building and managing software development teams
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience in building high-performing teams
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software development practices and design reviews.
- Experience with the AWS platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
. Experience developing Serverless applications