The AWS Application Security (AppSec) Automation team is a dynamic fast growing business that develops tooling to continuously assess assets to rapidly detect and drive remediation of security issues. We integrate network scanning, IAM role policy analysis, security group configuration and static code analysis tools to create a continuously updating model of the risk profile of the services that make up the AWS ecosystem.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager with an appreciation and understanding of security tools to help lead the growth of this business. This leader will own staffing and managing an engineering team, setting the team culture, best practices, planning and executing our product roadmap. The successful candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity and will need to think big!
The ideal candidate will have a depth of experience developing or working on distributed software systems, be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- Responsible for recruiting and managing the software development team that will execute against the product roadmap.
- Key member of the security leadership team responsible for setting overall application security strategy, defining the product roadmap, managing the development and day to day operations of the business, and developing and retaining talent.
- Development and execution of AWS Application Security Product Roadmap
- Delivering against key product features and performance specifications on time and on budget.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years Experience managing teams of software development engineers
- 2+ years of experience building and/or managing a team of engineers developing security tools
- 2+ years experience and technical expertise with application security concepts like API authentication/authorization, logging and data validation. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- MS in Computer Science or related field/MBA
- Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and team-work
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Candidates should demonstrate superior project management and engineering management skills.
- Should possess strong customer focus
- Experience designing for scalability, reliability and performance
- Experience with security-focused technologies, such as cryptographic systems, authentication/authorization systems, network scanners, fuzzers, or code analysis tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.