Do you want to build cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
We're looking for software engineers to work on services for transport and processing of audio and video for Alexa Comms, delivering customer calling experiences that are indistinguishable from in-person communication. We will have the world's best audio and video quality on Alexa-enabled devices like Echo with communication that delights our customers regardless of where they are in the world or what network they are on. We will deliver on this promise by partnering with other teams to create a closed-loop system to drive continuous improvements, using historical and real-time data to control the calling experience. Additionally, we will enable new experiences that allow our customers to communicate with the people they care about most in new and exciting ways.
As an SDE in Alexa Comms, you'll work closely with the brightest software engineers to solve highly complex challenges. You and your fellow engineers are responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, and working with the team to deploy your solutions across the globe.
You should be comfortable diving deep into technical architectures and requirements, be able to quickly identify solutions to challenges discovered during development, and be ready to work with some of the latest cloud computing technology. Prior experience building reliable, scalable solutions is required. Prior experience with web communications technologies like RTP, SDP, TURN, MCU is a plus. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing reliable, scalable software in a multi-tiered, service-oriented architecture system
- Computer Science fundamentals in design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience delivering software using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with web communication technologies like RTP, SDP, SIP, STUN, TURN, ICE, MCU
- Experience with Audio/Video processing including transcoding, codecs, mixing
- Experience with modern authentication and authorization protocols
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Continuous Delivery, Automation, and Monitoring.