Amazon Payments is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon. The team is looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart software engineers. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience working with large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation