Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! We are on a mission in the AWS Events organization to transform the way developers architect, build, and deploy large scale applications that are scalable and secure out of the box. Our goal is to make the development experience plumbing-free and let developers focus their time on bringing new ideas to life and remove undifferentiated heavy lifting from their workflows. We are in the process of building a set of new AWS services in Amazon Vancouver which will help us achieve this mission for AWS customers across the world.
If you are excited about helping shape the developer experience of the future and define how millions of applications in the future will be created and are passionate about distributed systems, user-experience, and working in an autonomous engineering culture, we would like to talk to you!
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You enjoy autonomy and strive to take on more accountabilities and master new skills. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl