If innovation and charting your own path is your forte, come chat with us. Are you AWS ready? SNS, SQS, SWF are a few of the event driven services that you will get to work on. If server-less applications and services using AWS Lambdas bring a smile, look no further, come talk to us!
Amazon Flex (flex.amazon.com) is the solution that collaborates with third-party delivery partners to complete all of Amazon Prime Now delivery orders. Our Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery providers has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery providers.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will own the backend technology for packages on the move. You will be solving complex problems, and working on difficult challenges in software engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for engineering new services and features that will shape how delivery evolves here at Amazon. You will be part of a new team charged with creating a unique service to empower Amazon to enhance our delivery experience. Join us, design and implement micro services that focuses on engagement and management systems for our Last Mile of global deliveries. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in software development using Java, C++, C#, Python, or related
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years developing Web Services as well as designing and working with API contracts across the stack
- Fundamental experience working with a large, streaming data set
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with a diverse and talented team PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bcahelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and create innovative solutions regularly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation