On Amazon’s Fulfillment Execution (FEX) team, you will own the and development for software systems that track billions of shipments for millions of Amazon products. In this role, you will usher in the next generation of smart fulfillment that constantly reduces delivery times and redefines the delivery experience for customers everywhere.
This role is for you if…
- You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and implemented large-scale -based services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
- You at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented , caching, balancing, non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered , non-relational databases, and/or map-reduce
- You use object-oriented concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful patterns.
- You technically lead and influence your development team and/or across teams of at least 5-10 engineers.
- You lead code reviews and have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjects related to quality and security.
In this job, you will…
- Lead a team of experienced engineers and teams to optimize delivery updates for systems that orchestrate all of Amazon’s worldwide shipments.
- Lead a platform migration to AWS and own /development for software that computes accurate delivery expectations for every customer order.
- Work to expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com. Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
The Fulfillment Execution (FEX) team operates within Amazon’s Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) group. Watch this short video to understand more our organization: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot