Are you excited by big data and analytics technologies? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of AWS services and customer data? We are a mixed discipline team that identifies opportunities to improve the security posture of all AWS infrastructure and drives their implementation across the company. This team helps AWS Service teams and AWS Customers to utilize the cloud for critical workloads through the implementation of innovative security solutions.
We’re looking for software engineers interested in crunching big data for security insights and using the AWS Cloud to build scalable workﬂows that enable the entire organization to react quickly to the latest trends in security threats and research. The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about utilizing big data and analytics to solve real business problems. This is a new team that will offer you the opportunity to lead architectural and technical implementation direction for future security solutions. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to work with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS’ security posture. The successful candidate will:
- Build big data analytics and reporting capabilities making use of open source and commercial tools as well as new homegrown solutions.
- Build solutions on AWS utilizing existing AWS products and services.
- Prototype new services to enable the securing of a large cloud environment.
- Work across AWS teams of software and security engineers to develop systems that magnify our ability to deeply understand and rapidly improve AWS security.
- Work with a wide variety of data sources from organizations across the company.
- Partner closely with many diﬀerent teams inside the Security organization and across AWS infrastructure and services.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Write high quality software in a wide variety of languages and platforms.
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules