Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We're looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to advance S3's Platform Services. These capabilities are essential across all of S3's components operating on global fleets of thousands of nodes--monitoring fleet health, detecting failure, and recovering in an automated manner. In this role, you will be blend multiple computer science and engineering disciplines, and have direct impact in S3's commitment to data durability, security, and availability. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex distributed systems software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities.
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
- Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background (a bachelor's degree in Computer Science is a must, and a Master's degree or relevant work experience is preferred) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with big data and massively-scaled distributed computing
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns and algorithms
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science