Amazon FreeTime Unlimited brings together all types of content that kids and parents love, including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, plus a child-friendly Alexa experience. It provides peace of mind for parents with award-winning parental controls and monitoring through Parent Dashboard, and a world of fun for kids where they can choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content, all hand-selected by the FreeTime team. FreeTime is available on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, compatible Android and iOS mobile devices, and compatible Alexa devices. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime.
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FreeTime team. You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative consumer products used every day.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices, as well as Android and iOS devices. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Broad technical depth and knowledge of mobile devices, applications and technologies
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile application development
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Master's degree