You are an experienced, high-caliber developer who gets excited by cloud computing and fascinated by solving infinite scale problems in distributed systems. You have the ability to turn your ideas into real-world products that customers use every day. You are passionate about perfecting designs in real-time production systems. You are not afraid to take risks and you always put the customer experience first. You love to work hard, to own, and to deliver software - from beginning to end, from design to implementation, and from implementation to launch to support.
We own the Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling service. Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes, and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling to offer even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers. We build on over 15 years of experience creating and operating the world's largest online retail platform.
- Experience developing objected-oriented software, with one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience building distributed systems and web services
- Experience working on a customer focused team
- Have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks
- Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms and concurrency
- Experience working in an agile software development organization