Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what people watch? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights. Amazon Studios is chartered with producing original content and licensing studio worldwide in service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers.
We are seeking a Product Manager to be a part of a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team, which covers both Amazon Studios’ original content and licensed studio programming. The core mission of the DEI Team is to improve the representation and inclusion within all Amazon Studios content, creatives, and executives.
This is done by analyzing the competitive marketplace, working with senior executives to set strategy, monitoring market-by-market and cohort-by-cohort performance, leading business planning, routinely re-evaluating current assumptions, data and processes, and pro-actively identifying new opportunities to excel or differentiate, and craft timely, detailed and actionable recommendations. In addition, this team will be leading and analyzing new business and partnership opportunities in the content space. This role will report to the Executive Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and work closely with all senior leaders of the organization.
This role will specifically be responsible for managing and scaling the training of new products and DEI tools (Dashboards, Database licenses, and Resource wikis) across the organization. Candidates should be brilliant, great with data (but better with people), independently-motivated (but great at collaboration), equipped with strong opinions (but willing to change their minds), ambitious and be driven to change the media-tech landscape.
Key activities include:
- Understanding the Amazon Studios DEI strategy and building, sourcing, and/or facilitating training across the organization to help meet strategy goals
- Managing a suite of tools including licensed databases (like Free the Work, Globe Smart, etc.) and internal DEI dashboards to ensure leaders had access to real time diversity data regarding their department
- Planning and managing that support the DEI strategy including activation, sponsorship, etc.
- Managing associated budgets
- Creating and scaling communication tools across Amazon Studios including but not limited to: Talking Points, Resource Wikis, and External Resources
- Author business documents and reports to communicate state of the business or recommend new content business initiatives
- Work cross functionally with the PR and other Amazon departments to create successful .
- Work cross functionally with the PR and other Amazon departments to drive adoption of DEI tools and resources.
- Support the LA based Affinity and Interest Groups.
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss business and technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas
- Experience working within television and film industry and/or digital media
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion experience
- Strong business writing skills
- Strong attention to detail – enjoys diving deep
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree a plus
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.