Amazon Corporate Affairs is seeking a Billing Analyst to support its growing Operations team. Responsibilities include setting up new vendors for payment, processing and reviewing invoices to ensure adherence to billing requirements, opening purchase orders, researching questions regarding status of payments, and performing other billing tasks as needed.
This position will work with teams across the globe and responsibilities include learning country-specific billing processes and acting as the billing point of contact for Corporate Affairs team members, vendors, and other internal departments in various country.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work efficiently and independently, manage high volumes of tasks and projects with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and think creatively and be proactive in solving problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The right candidate will be client-service oriented, have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have strong organization skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company is essential.
- Researching and solving outstanding invoice and payment issues
- Managing new vendor set-up
- Enforcing and providing guidance regarding billing requirements
- Leading process improvement efforts, including working directly with international team members to simplify and centralize the billing process for the organization
- Work closely with Corporate Affairs Finance to provide consistent messaging regarding billing
- Familiarity with Coupa, Salesforce, and/or Oracle software
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance/ Accounting, Mathematics/ Statistics, Economics, or similar field
- International business experience or experience working with international teams
- Experience with payment regulations (VAT, other country-specific requirements)
- Strong professional written and oral communication
- Ability and aptitude for learning new concepts, programs, & software on the job
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.