- Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
- Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
- Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and service oriented architecture
- Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modeling skills
- Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
Our organization owns and builds in-house software platforms, web services, and web apps that are used to collaborate on projects, programs, goals, and general business processes used by leaders who own planning and analysis of commitments company-wide. We provide a suite of productivity tools to support the commitment lifecycle through centralized data collection, auditing, and reporting. We deliver and maintain Amazon’s internal source of truth for the company’s highest level of planning and commitments. We provide teams with end-to-end tracking and reporting across those commitments helping create a narrative of their success with mechanisms that monitor progress, and analyze both wins and misses.
Our applications have grown to be business critical used internally within Amazon. We are passionate about creating meaningful and delightful user experiences for our customers.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest web styling frameworks and interest in user interface design
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)