Alexa Search is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Product Management Tech, to build monetization experiences for Alexa Search customers. The candidate will organize and drive initiatives on the leading edge of Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Information Retrieval (IR), and Speech. Alexa Search is part of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
The successful candidate will develop the monetization strategy and vision for the group and will be responsible for conceptualizing, scoping, and delivering large end-to-end projects that translate customer needs into concise business and system requirements, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing production launches. The candidate will focus primarily on monetization opportunities that leverage existing Amazon assets and properties. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. As a leader, you will relentlessly simplify and will demonstrate significant innovation, creativity, and good judgment when solving challenging problems. You will work with the Alexa Search organization’s leadership and other related organizations to develop a long-term technical strategy, mapping business goals to appropriate technology investments. A true passion for working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment that encourages thinking about optimized solutions to unique problems that do not yet have a known science solution is key!
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of the Alexa Search monetization strategy and vision in conjunction with existing Amazon assets and properties.
- Devise detailed, crisp technical requirements/specifications and user stories that will be used to develop products and applications and implement novel algorithms and modeling techniques to leverage and advance state-of-the-art in relevant technology areas;
- Exert influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness, as you will be accountable for the quality of the systems and solutions delivered and will hold peers and teams to a high bar;
- Make appropriate trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load to optimize time-to-market and to clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external teams;
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and work collaboratively with scientists and developers to design and implement automated, scalable ML/NLP/IR/Deep Learning models for accessing and presenting information;
- Define and implement creative, high-quality roadmaps;
- Identify critical interdependencies among the different work streams, and architect the whole by coordinating the component parts;
- Drive scalable solutions from business requirements, to prototyping, production testing, and through engineering directly to production;
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners, including at the executive level;
- Drive best practices on the team, and mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential;
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues to help the team meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation