- 7 + years experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Amazon Music continues to grow rapidly and to support further investments in features that improve voice, search, recommendations, personalization, browse, and radio we need high quality metadata for our catalog of millions of songs. Our team bridges that gap with machine learned models and active learning systems to annotate our catalog with editorial metadata like genre, activity, and many others, and allow those systems to scale for unique metadata around the world. Our systems ultimately support voice requests like "Play happy rock music for a barbeque", playlist browsing by activity and mood, genre-based stations, and many others.
We aim to build large scale, robust, high throughput systems with a low cost of maintenance, using the best technologies and techniques at hand. We spend our time on things that matter to customers--not the muck of managing systems. We're a growing team, but we are still focused on keeping operations low. We spend our time on what's special for Amazon Music, including best-in-class machine learning techniques, and use off the shelf AWS products for the rest, such as EC2, EMR, , Step Functions, SWF, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, and DynamoDB.
If you love building first-in-class systems and services, this is the team for you. Our system handles thousands of metadata updates per day for millions of entities in our catalog for Amazon Music's millions of customers around the world. We support tools for Amazon's music experts around the world to audit and improve metadata models and everything we build is full continuous deployment and requires a high level of automated testing, mostly developed in Python, Java or Ruby on Rails, though we focus on using the right tools to get the job done.
You are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about the customer and loves architecting and building great new systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy to Amazon Music. Duties include research, design, and implementation of new systems and software algorithms, testing their best ideas against Amazon's legions of music customers, and being a key part of delivering a great new service. You will also have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers and drive software engineering best practices across the organization.