- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
- Experience with at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Software Development Engineer for it's Game Advertising team. Join us to help create next-generation advertising and marketing services for the game developer community. In this role, you will combine Amazon's unique data-assets and advertising toolset to build a new programmatic advertising service that will enable game marketers drive user acquisition for console, mobile, and PC games. You and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this service. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of some of our most strategic technical projects that will have a significant bottom-line impact on the business.
In this role, we are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineer who enjoys solving problems at a massive scale and who thrives in ambiguity and looks at it as an opportunity to innovate and simplify. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the technology and product. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop the best technical approaches to challenging problems alongside other engineers and technical leaders
- Be a champion for operational excellence: deliver code and systems that meet our high availability and reliability SLA's
- Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!