- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years relevant experience; or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools quickly
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
- Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced mathematical modeling to solve real world problems? Are you passionate about building and running global scale services? Do you want to play a key role in the future of Amazon's Retail business?
As a member of the Demand Forecasting team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Forecasting. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Data mining, Scalability, Machine learning and Statistical Algorithms techniques - just to name a few.
You should love solving hard problems, never take 'no' for an answer, and strive to innovate and simplify. Join our team of top-notch software developers, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
- A Master's or PhD Degree in CS highly desirable.
- A strong bias toward building simple, sustainable, extensible code.
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges.
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices, refactoring existing code, and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs.
- A deep understanding of distributed systems, multi-threaded programming and messaging technologies. (Do you know what SOA is and how to make it work? Can you write a service from the ground up without using any framework?)
- Experience with forecasting, optimization systems, mathematical programming models, Operations Research techniques, enterprise scale Oracle Databases, SQL and user interface design and development in a Linux environment are all distinct advantages.
- The leadership capacity to influence the technical direction of a new product while ensuring a team-oriented approach to delivery in an agile software development environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation