- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience leading product development in a product management capacity
- Direct experience leading the development and launch of consumer electronics device(s), including both hardware and software components
- Experience with video systems, embedded systems, CV, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
Ring is seeking a results-oriented, seasoned product manager to join the devices team to improve our existing products as well as develop new products that help reduce crime in neighborhoods. The Devices team is responsible for Ring Video Doorbells, Ring Security Cameras, Ring Wi-Fi extenders and many other products.
As a Senior Product Manager for Ring, you will be accountable for delivering world-class devices on aggressive schedules, that will be used every day, by people all over the world. You will define products that deliver innovation in user experience and performance and will drive cross-functional teams to bring those products to market. A successful candidate will be analytical with strong business judgement, able to be highly effective under self-direction, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, easy to use products that people love. You will also help define and drive the vision and roadmap of Ring's emerging technologies product team, helping Ring stay on the forefront of technology, design, and user experience trends.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity and competing priorities, are self-directed, can handle the pressures of a fast-paced environment, can plan with foresight and execute with precision, are willing to step outside your role/job description to successfully meet deadlines, can navigate changes with grace, and are capable of owning a product lifecycle, then this is a perfect role for you.
- Drive a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, marketing, business intelligence and community support to deliver on aggressive timelines and schedules with quality
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create technical product specifications and architecture for your product
- Persuasively articulate both business/user value as well as complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written formats
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Use all types of data as dimensions to inform decisions and the product roadmap.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
- Define and implement release plans, reporting, and continual improvements to the product
- Effectively communicate and manage changes and expectations to project scope and schedule
- Communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams' ability to meet goals